Fatma Al Maamary
Tel No: +968 2411 2474
Email: [email protected]
Fatma Al Maamary is a founding partner of the firm and has broad legal experience in the areas of corporate and commercial law, with particular focus on advising clients on drafting transaction contracts, acquisitions and corporate compliance. In addition, Fatma is experienced in oil and gas transactions where Fatma advised on multiple acquisitions of companies operating in the oil and gas sector and the acquisition of the rights to exploration and production of oil and gas sites in the Sultanate of Oman. Fatma has also worked on a number of employment matters and high-value and innovative Islamic finance transactions in Oman.
- Advising Meethaq Islamic Banking (Bank Muscat) on a number of matters including facilities granted to corporate entities in the aviation, education, natural resources, real estate, defence, leisure and hospitality and food sectors in aggregate amounts of over USD 200 million. The advice included structuring of transactions in the form of diminishing musharakah, ijarah muntahiya bi tamleek, Murabaha, mudarabah, wakala, istisna’a and salam.
- Advising a number of international investors on establishment of shariah-compliant real estate investment trusts (REITs) in Oman.
- Advising Meethaq Islamic Banking (Bank Muscat) as sole legal counsel in relation to the diminishing musharaka facility being granted to A’Saffa Foods for the purpose of their expansion in Oman.
- Advising Meethaq Islamic Banking (Bank Muscat) on its OMR 10.63 million diminishing musharakah facility to Al Khuwair Hospitality and Investment Company S.A.O.C for the development of a three-star hotel.
- Advising Meethaq Islamic Banking (Bank Muscat) on its OMR 29 million diminishing musharakah facility granted to Al Mutawer Hotels and Resorts S.A.O.C for refinancing of the debt owed to Maisarah Islamic Banking for the development of the Grand Millennium Hotel in Muscat.
- Advising Meethaq Islamic Banking (Bank Muscat) on its OMR 50,000,000 diminishing mushrakah facility granted to A’ Namaa Poultry Co. S.A.O.C for the development of a fully integrated 60,000 MT poultry farm in Oman.
- Advising Meethaq Islamic Banking on its OMR 32,636,000 diminishing musharakah facility granted to Osool Poultry SAOC for the establishment of a breeder project in Oman.
- Advising Muzn Islamic Banking (National Bank of Oman) on a number of Islamic finance facilities, including wakala, diminishing musharaka and ijara facilities.
- Advising a global asset management business in respect of its ijarah muntahiya bi tamleek facility with a leading Islamic bank.
- Advised on multiple sukuk issuances undertaken in Sultanate of Oman; further details set out in the Capital Markets transactions below.
- Advising the Oman Investment Authority (formerly, State General Reserve Fund) and Equitix Investment on establishment of first of its kind US$2 billion infrastructure fund in the Sultanate of Oman.
- Advising the Government of Oman on its triple tranche US$3.25 billion issuance of notes under its GMTN programme.
- Advising as sole Oman law counsel for Government of Oman, Ministry of Finance, bank muscat SAOG, alizz bank and Bank Nizwa in connection with the Government of Oman’s establishment of its debut Omani Rial sukuk issuance program and issuance of RO. 300 million sukuk thereunder.
- Advising the Joint Lead Managers on the Sultanate of Oman’s debut US$650 million sukuk issuance.
- Advising on the establishment of Islamic Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) in Oman following the recent promulgation of the Capital Market Authority’s Real Estate Investment Trust/Fund Regulations
- Advising the Hungarian multinational oil and gas company, MOL (Hungary), on its proposed acquisition of a 10 per cent. interest in Oman’s Block 61 gas field which includes Khazzan and Ghazeer gas fields which are one of the largest unconventional gas projects in the world. The advice provided to MOL (Hungary) included advising on the regulatory regime relating to oil and gas in Oman with a particular focus on extraction, transportation and marketing of a concessionaire’s entitlement to the Block 61 gas.
- Advising PTTEP on its acquisition of a 20 per cent. multi-billion USD stake in Block 61 Oman from BP.
- Advising the Government of Abu Dhabi’s wholly-owned Mubadala Petroleum on its proposed acquisition of a 10 per cent. interest in Oman’s Block 61 gas field which includes Khazzan and Ghazeer gas fields which are one of the largest unconventional gas projects in the world. The advice provided to Mubadala Petroleum included advising on the regulatory regime relating to oil and gas in Oman with a particular focus on extraction, transportation and marketing of a concessionaire’s entitlement to the Block 61 gas.
- Advising Industrialization & Energy Services Company (TAQA) in connection with its proposed acquisition of 100% of the share capital of Weatherford Drilling International and its subsidiaries and affiliates from the Weatherford Group.
- Advising Total Group in relation to its corporate restructuring in Oman and various projects being undertaken by it in the oil & gas sector in Oman.
- Advising international counsel, Clifford Chance, on Omani law aspects of the acquisition of land (including the distribution centre built on it) situated in Oman by the Client and the lease of the property to Lulu Hypermarket LLC.
- Advised Iskan Oman Investment Company SAOC in relation to the development and operation of a multi-specialty private hospital.
- Advised Izdihar Real Estate Fund on the acquisition of real estate (a mix of residential apartments and commercial units) in Muscat, Oman.
- Represented a leading construction company in its claim against the main contractor for release of payments. The work included getting interim relief from the Omani courts and thereafter pursuing the matter before the arbitration tribunal under LCIA Rules.
- Advised a private conglomerate on a multimillion dollar international arbitration relating to recovery of amounts under an infrastructure construction contract.