Khalid Al Abri
Tel No: +968 9121 1212
Email: [email protected]
Khalid is a founding partner of the firm and has broad legal experience in the areas of corporate and commercial law, with particular focus on capital market transactions and advising clients on drafting contracts, acquisitions and corporate compliance. Khalid is experienced in advising clients on their Islamic finance transactions, establishment of funds (including REITs), issuance of bonds and sukuk and employment matters.
- Advising Meethaq Islamic Banking (Bank Muscat) as sole legal counsel in relation to the diminishing musharaka facility being granted to A’Saffa Foods for the purpose of their expansion in Oman.
- Advising Meethaq Islamic Banking (Bank Muscat) on its OMR 10.63 million diminishing musharakah facility to Al Khuwair Hospitality and Investment Company S.A.O.C for the development of a three-star hotel.
- Advising Meethaq Islamic Banking (Bank Muscat) on its OMR 29 million diminishing musharakah facility granted to Al Mutawer Hotels and Resorts S.A.O.C for refinancing of the debt owed to Maisarah Islamic Banking for the development of the Grand Millennium Hotel in Muscat.
- Advising Meethaq Islamic Banking (Bank Muscat) on its OMR 50,000,000 diminishing mushrakah facility granted to A’ Namaa Poultry Co. S.A.O.C for the development of a fully integrated 60,000 MT poultry farm in Oman.
- Advising Meethaq Islamic Banking on its OMR 32,636,000 diminishing musharakah facility granted to Osool Poultry SAOC for the establishment of a breeder project in Oman.
- Advising a global asset management business in respect of its ijarah muntahiya bi tamleek facility with a leading Islamic bank.
- Advising a number of international investors on establishment of shariah-compliant real estate investment trusts (REITs) in Oman.
- Advising the Oman Investment Authority (formerly, State General Reserve Fund) and Equitix Investment on establishment of first of its kind US$2 billion infrastructure fund in the Sultanate of Oman.
- Advising the Joint Lead Managers on the Sultanate of Oman’s debut US$650 million sukuk issuance.
- Advising on the establishment of Islamic Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) in Oman following the recent promulgation of the Capital Market Authority’s Real Estate Investment Trust/Fund Regulations.
- Advising the Government of Abu Dhabi’s wholly-owned Mubadala Petroleum on its proposed acquisition of a 10 per cent. interest in Oman’s Block 61 gas field which includes Khazzan and Ghazeer gas fields which are one of the largest unconventional gas projects in the world. The advice provided to Mubadala Petroleum included advising on the regulatory regime relating to oil and gas in Oman with a particular focus on extraction, transportation and marketing of a concessionaire’s entitlement to the Block 61 gas.
- Advising Industrialization & Energy Services Company (TAQA) in connection with its proposed acquisition of 100% of the share capital of Weatherford Drilling International and its subsidiaries and affiliates from the Weatherford Group.
- Advised Iskan Oman Investment Company SAOC in relation to the development and operation of a multi-specialty private hospital.
- Advised Izdihar Real Estate Fund on the acquisition of real estate (a mix of residential apartments and commercial units) in Muscat, Oman.
- Represented a leading construction company in its claim against the main contractor for release of payments. The work included getting interim relief from the Omani courts and thereafter pursuing the matter before the arbitration tribunal under LCIA Rules.
- Advised a private conglomerate on a multimillion dollar international arbitration relating to recovery of amounts under an infrastructure construction contract.